Maintaining hygiene is the best way to prevent the virus from entering the body.
Strong immunity is necessary to fight any kind of foreign body or disease. Coronavirus primarily affects the lungs and the respiratory system.
Amalaki or Amala (Emblica officinalis), Guduchi/Glioy (Tinaspora cordifolia), Neem (Azadirachta indica), Kutki (Picrorhiza kurroa), Tulsi (holy basil) are some of the Ayurvedic herbs that are helpful in building the immunity and preventing the infection.
Orange, grapefruit, lemon are rich source of vitamin C and are good to consume. Add juice of half lemon to a cup of lukewarm water and drink 2-3 times a day. Drinking warm water and keeping hydrated is very beneficial.
Experts suggest Ayurveda helps boost immunity against COVID-19. - Since the virus infection leads to respiratory ailments, you have to strengthen your immune system to fight against the respiratory ailments.
Diseases arise if your internal energies such as Vata, Pitta, and Kapha are disrupted. When there is an imbalance in your Kapha and Vata, respiratory ailments are born.
Vata is the energy that plays a major role in inhaling and exhaling. Respiratory illness accompanied by dehydration, shortness of breath and blockage is because of more vitiated vata.
When Kapha dosha (the energy responsible to bind things) goes out of balance the mucus from the stomach enters the respiratory passage and produces diseases like respiratory infections, asthma, pneumonia and so on.
Ayurveda brings back the energies (doshas) to balance. The therapy includes yoga practice, proper diet regimen, and detoxification procedures.
Eating a tablespoonful of Chywanprash daily enhances the immunity, specifically that of lungs and respiratory system.
Govt of India has recommended the following measures to be observed to restrict the infection from spreading:
1) Frequently clean hands by using alcohol-based hand rub (with at least 60 % alcohol) or soap and water
2) When coughing and sneezing cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue - throw the tissue away immediately and wash hands
3) Avoid close contact with anyone who has fever and cough
4) If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing seek medical care early and share previous travel history with your health care provider
5) Avoid traveling if you have fever and cough
6) Wear a mask if you have respiratory symptoms
7) Avoid all non-essential travels
8) Take extra care to prevent the spread of the virus.
Detoxify To Prevent Infections
1) Dissolve 1-2 tsp of honey in 1 cup of herbal tea (Herbs like madhuyashti, basil, peppermint, vasa)
2) Prepare salads using detoxifying foods such as beetroot, radishes, cabbage, broccoli. Boil and mix them gently, if you wish a cooked meal.
3) Yoga is another way to detoxify your body. It is a healthy form of cleansing your body and mind.
Benefits & Features
The ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy or AYUSH says taking 'AYUSH KWATH' formulation helps to boost the immune system against viruses, including the novel coronavirus that causes COVID-19.
Ayurleaf Herbal launches 'AYUSH KWATH' . This is Virus Preventive health drink powder. It works mainly on the immune system to boost it. It also acts as a anti-inflammatory and lung detoxifier. It helps in eliminating the infection and regulating allergic reactions.
AYUSH KWATH is a combination of four medicinal herbs commonly used in every Indian kitchen like, basil leaves (tulsi), cinnamon bark (dalchini) etc.
'AYUSH KWATH' available across all over World on the online retail platform, www.ayurleafherbals.com.
'AYUSH KWATH' can use as herbal tea or health drink. Procedure is as follows.